Frankfort Community Showcase
| | 2013 Frankfort Community Showcase Exhibitors
A Better Door & Window
Abri Credit Union
Advance to the Top, Inc.
Advanced Family Dental P.C. - Frankfort
Amazing Love Lutheran Church
Ameriprise financial Services, Inc.
AquaGreen Dispositions LLC
Artistic Face Painting
Associated Orthodontists Ltd.
Bear Home Improvement
BMO Harris, N.A. - Frankfort
Camp Manitoqua & Retreat Center
CASA of Will County, Inc.
Central Collision Center
Chew on this Barkery
Chiro One Wellness Centers
Community Chiropractic Center
Crazy Fingers Catering
Dryer Vent Wizard of Will County
Edward Jones - Curran
Eternally Green Lawn Care
Fabulously Sweet Creations
Frankfort Chiropractic Clinic
Frankfort Fall Festival
Frankfort Fire District Foundation
Frankfort Park District
Frankfort Public Library District
Frankfort Township Democratic Organization
Frankfort Township Office
Frankfort Township Republican Org.
Gnade Insurance Group, Inc.
Governors State University
Halo Construction Services, LLC
Holistic Health & Chiropractic
Home Helpers/Direct Link
Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Integrated Physical Medicine
Kumon Math & Reading Center of Frankfort
LaSalle St. Securities, L.L.C.
Light Engraved, Inc.
Lincoln-Way Comm. H. S. District #210
Lincolnway Special Recreation Association
Magic Autumns Family Fun Shows
Mary Kay Cosmetics
Massage Envy Spa
Master Auto Supply Ltd.
MR Moonwalks Balloons Party Rental, LLC
Odyssey Fun World
Old Plank Trail Com. Bank
Old Second National Bank
Palermo's Pizza and Restaurant
Precise Tree Care, Inc.
Prestwick Country Club
Problem Solved! Dog Training
Prusak Construction & Roofing Inc.
Riverside Community Health Center
Silver Cross Hospital
Star Visions Photography Inc.
StraTAGem Laser Missions
This & That Gifts
UPS Store (The)
Village Of Frankfort
Waddell & Reed - Lindsey Mueller
Walt's Food Center
Community Showcase Photos
| | Frankfort Community Showcase Entertainment Schedule
Ribbon Cutting @ 8:45 a.m.
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
PAWS – Adopt A Pet
Home Depot Kids Workshops
Artistic Face Painting
Heartland Blood Drive Mobile
Frankfort Library Book Mobile
MR MoonWalks Inflatable
10 a.m. – Noon
Cake Demo by Orlando Serrano – Food Network Challenge Star & Cake Artist
Food Network Personality Orlando Serrano hails from Chicago Illinois. Orlando has been a cake decorator and sugar artist for over 22 years. Growing up in Chicago, the son of Puerto Rican parents, Orlando aspired to one day be a film animator and at the age of 17 began working in bakeries and decorating cakes to finance an art education at Columbia College and later The School of the Art Institute in Chicago from which he received an Art degree.
Orlando decided to use his background and skills in Art and pursue a career in cake decorating. He studied at Kendall College Culinary School in Evanston, Illinois and received a baking/pastry degree.
In 1999, He began competing at a professional level in CARBA and RBA convention competitions and quickly found success receiving top honors in all categories. In 2006, Orlando competed in a mini challenge in Chicago sponsored by The Food Network and won a spot on the nationally televised cable program “Food Network Challenge”. He has since competed 11 times on Food Network Cake Challenge taking 1st place 6 times. Orlando received his “red chef”s coat” on Food Network’s Cake Challenge for 3 consecutive wins on the nationally televised competitions.
In 2011 Orlando competed on Food Network’s reality TV series “Last Cake Standing” and his team was fortunate enough to make it through 6 competitions to the grand finale vying for a prize of $100,000. The biggest prize to date for a cake reality TV competition series.
Orlando has been featured repeatedly in Modern Baking Magazine, Primer Impacto News Show and various local News Programs in Chicago. He has created cake masterpieces for celebrities and large corporations such as Oprah Winfrey, Joan Cusack, The Backstreet Boys, Jerry Springer, R. Kelly and The Leo Burnett Advertising Agency among others.
He, along with his assistant, Miguel Garcia are pioneers of inventive and extreme cake techniques and elements. The Team was dubbed “Cake Animators” on Food Network Challenge by renowned Judge and Hall of Fame Sugar Artist, Kerry Vincent, a title of which Orlando’s team is incredibly proud.
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Autumn the Balloon Artist
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Chicago Bears Mascot – Staley da Bear
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
| | 2013 Exhibitor Parking Map 2013 Community Showcase Exhibitor Set-Up Instructions & Guidelines
Booth assignment have been mailed with the following final details regarding the 2013 Community Showcase. The business community is privileged to have use of the Lincoln-Way East field house for this event. The Chamber asks all participating businesses to adhere to the following guidelines to ensure the field house does not receive any damage from our Showcase.
1. Have enough representatives at your booth to allow for bathroom and food breaks
2. Items may not be attached to the field house walls or floor
3. Helium balloons maybe used to decorate but may not be handed out to Visitors
Unloading at LWHS
The doors at the front EAST entrance and the doors at the WEST entrance will be available for access to the field house on FRIDAY evening. We request that you unload your items by one of the entrances, and then move your vehicle as soon as possible to allow other exhibitors to unload. Your cooperation is sincerely appreciated and will help everyone to have a smooth setup.
Remember, Certificates of Insurance are required and must be submitted to the office prior to Friday Night Set-up.
Friday, March 1, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Friday night set up is mandatory! If you contact us with your cell phone # by Thursday we can send you a text message if earlier setup on Friday Night is available.
On Saturday morning the field house WEST doors open at 7:00 a.m. The EAST main doors will be LOCKED until 8:45 a.m. Parking for exhibitors is on the NORTH and WEST sides of the school. See map above. Booths not set up and manned by 8:45 a.m. will be eliminated from the show. ** Booth Exhibitors also remember that there will be a Meet & Greet at at 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Get to know the other showcase participants before the doors oprn to the pubic. Coffee & Bagels will be provided.
Middle aisles will have backdrops. White tablecloths and skirting will be supplied -- Bring your own supplies (tape, stapler, scissors, zip ties, garbage bags). Your table measures 2 1/2' x 8'. Displays must not exceed your allotted booth space. Cleanup of your booth area is your responsibility so please bring all your garbage waste to the dumpsters outside of WEST doors at the end of Community Showcase.
Exhibitors requesting electricity must provide their own extension cords and multi-plug adapters. * Electric limit not to exceed 4 amps or 500 watts.
March 2, 2013 at 8:45 a.m.
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
2:05 p.m. - NO EARLY BREAKDOWNS
Thank you for participating. Questions, please call the Frankfort Chamber Office
at (815) 469-3356 or visit our web site at www.frankfortchamber.com
| | FRANKFORT COMMUNITY SHOWCASE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CONTRACT FOR SPACE - All persons, firms, companies, or associations desiring to exhibit in our 2013 Community Showcase, must fully complete and return the Exhibitor Registration Form along with payment in full.
2. HOURS OF COMMUNITY SHOWCASE - The 2013 Community Showcase will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 2, 2013.
3. ALLOTMENT OF SPACE - Exhibition space allotted by, or under authority of, the 2013 Community Showcase Committee, or its authorized representative. Use of the space will be for the sole purpose of exhibiting goods and/or services.
4. CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE - All exhibitors in the Community Showcase must provide proof of Business Liability Insurance: General Liability/Property Insurance minimum of $100,000.
Please list the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce and Lincoln-Way East as additional insured. (Submit Certificate of Insurance with completed Exhibitor Registration Form)
5. PAYMENT FOR SPACE - All fees must accompany application. Please make your check payable to the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce. Please return your application as soon as possible (space is limited). If you are using your credit card to pay the fees, you can register on-line at www.frankfortchamber.com, under the Calendar of Events (select March 2, 2013 - 2013 Community Showcase).
6. INSTALLATION OF EXHIBIT - A single booth space is 10' wide X 10' deep. A double space may be side-by-side or back to back. Please note on application which you prefer. All tables in booth area must be skirted which is provided. Friday evening setup is mandatory and should be completed by 9:00 p.m. The high school will inform us of the times for setup in February. The times are usually 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Taping, driving nails or tacks in the floor or walls of the building is strictly prohibited. All exhibits must be in place and in order and all trash removed by 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Any damage caused to the building or booth equipment by installation or removal of exhibits will be charged to and paid for by the exhibitor.
7. REMOVAL OF EXHIBIT - No exhibits shall be broken down nor shall any removal of structures be made until 2:05 p.m. All refuse must be removed from booth space area upon breakdown. If breakdown is started before 2:05 p.m. or the booth is not completely cleaned, the exhibitor will not be allowed in the 2014 Community Showcase.
8. ANNOUNCEMENTS - Although the Committee encourages giveaways, we will not be announcing winners for our exhibitors. The Committee feels it is more beneficial for you to have your raffle winners talk to you or visit your business personally at a later date.
9. Direct sales of your merchandise will be allowed, per approval from the Chamber office. You may also offer raffles to our attendees. Helium balloons may be used to decorate exhibits but may not be handed out.
10. PLEASE - Remember to have a relief person for your restroom and lunch breaks.